Over the last three months Brooke has really enjoyed playing outside, going to the lake, and playing with her Friends. Plus Brooke also enjoyed coloring, playing with play dough, reading books and playing with her Sister.
Brooke is doing great with Avery now that they can do more things together! However, the sharing toys, books etc is still sometimes an issue...Brooke is always telling me that she is a great big sister and that Avery is the best little sister EVER! Whenever someone gives Brooke a sticker at the grocery store or a sucker at the pharmacy, she will always ask for one for Avery too! She is always watching out for her little sister.
One key phrase that I made sure to write down was that Brooke said "When I get bigger and bigger I am going to find a coconut for my sis sis and I'll bring it home on a airplane". This is typically when she sees an airplane!
Brooke has been learning letters at school and we have been working on her name at home! Brooke can officially spell her name correctly too. Her vocabulary is growing as well and I sometimes wonder where she learns things. It truly surprises me when she says something I haven't told her. Plus she is really paying attention to detail and remembering things like crazy! And when she brings me a toy, book or doll she typically will ask what letter each item starts with. She is also getting better at coloring in the lines and starting to draw better too. Lastly while driving around Missoula she will point to signs and tell me which letters she knows!
Brooke has also been talking about what she wants to be when she "grows up". Brooke says mommy when I grow up I want to be a Doctor. She also has lots of conversations on pretend phones with Hailey, Derek and Jack! She always says her best friends are Hailey (Hay-Hay), Sydney, Derek, Jack and Regean.
Brooke is a silly girl and will tell you something funny and then say "just joking". Most the time she will tell me she wants a snack or to watch TV and I'll say nope we've had that already and she'll then say "its ok mommy, I was just joking".
Brooke is paying attention to what she is eating and asking me if its healthy or not! While we are at the dinner table, eating snacks, at ice cream or in the grocery store she is now asking what is healthy and what isn't healthy. If I say something is healthy then she normally will say I better eat that to become a big mommy someday - right? Its funny.. Also, she is always asking what her food will turn into once she eats it.. She thinks its pretty funny.
Playing in the creek at the cabin in WY.
Play dough time.
Brooke's favorite things:
- Color- Red
- Food- Mac N' Cheese
- Book- Princess Book
- Toy- Ariel Hair Salon
- Song- I think she likes them ALL but the wheels on the bus she asks for all the time
- Movie - Little Mermaid and Bubble Guppies
- Been dry since January 2012 with no accidents during day or night
- Napping once a day for 1.5-2 hours
- Going to bed around 8:30 and wakes around 7 am (or earlier)
- First thing she asks for in the morning is Bunny Milk
- Riding her strider bike SO much better up and down the hill to the park
- Going to school 2 days a week 3 hours a day!
Bath time fun.
Getting ready to pick some raspberries. She loves checking for raspberries each day!
Just Brooke.
Brooke LOVES her soccer class...
Ok weird photo - but she is big into making faces these days!
Our little Bobcat!
What a cutie! We love you
Hi...
1 comment:
Great post! You are a sweet girl Brooke.....and so SMART too!
Post a Comment